Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Cautious welcome

I guess someone bought them a cluestick and now the Straits Times website is mostly free of charge.

They are also saying that they will stop using the word "Interactive" in their website and just call it "Straits Times". This reminds me of an email exchange with the people who run that site when they first launched their website. They had planted all of their deadtree editions into a URL moniker - AsiaOne. I suggested in that email exchange that it is far better for them to have www.straitstimes.com, www.businesstimes.com and so on, instead of planting it as www.straitstimes.asia1.com.[sg] etc. The lame answer I got then was that they were trying to build the AsiaOne branding. It took about 10 years, but finally, they see the light.

I think the website is clean in it's design and am really glad to see the mention of Firefox as a prefered browser. With that, why they continue mentioning M$ browser is still unfathmable.

Anyway, kudos to the Straits Times. Free your content fully and I will champion your site (even if you are politically biased to the PAP).

No comments: